When I was young, I observed nine out of ten things I did
were failures. So I did ten times more work. - George Bernard Shaw.
I used to tell jokes when I was young. Nine out of ten times
nobody laughed; it was awkward and insulting for the most part. However that
one time left everybody *ROFL*ing, and it inspired me to tell 10 times more
jokes, in fact saying nothing which isn’t funny! (At least to me) This led to
many problems and unfunny situations (especially among teachers), I was thought
simple, retard, insane but that’s exactly how my passion grew. Finally, with
all the efforts and sweat, waiting for days, months even years to crack a joke,
to find a perfect timing, I can say, with immense pleasure and no regrets that I
have turned my life upside down. I am a living joke *SOBS* and have managed to
remain funny.
There were many victims of this transitional phase who simply could not
understand why I talked trash until I came up with something funny. After they
have had their share of laugh, they were left wondering what a foolish,
worthless and unproductive thing it was to do.
It was true, I was desperate so instead of waiting for
situations in which a joke could dissolve itself intangibly, I created
situations, and I manufactured sets out of living people to execute my play. While
it was not a victimless crime, it was funny and pathetic.
After
a while, much to my surprise, I had an image. People smiled hearing my name, ‘oh
yes, I was the funny guy”. I was funny
and it was the only reason I was taken seriously too! Some people however knew
what an over thinking and manipulative bastard I was, who were they? They were
the joke. I was able to make fun of people who knew what degenerate low-life I was
because guess what, they were never offended and most of the times understood
little.
Now, when you’re at the top of the chain, when you command all the
laughs, there is always some foul-breathed miser trying to get lower than you
already are. I have faced many. Game of joke-telling is more like game of chess;
you have to anticipate moves of your opponents when he is setting the
circumstances for its execution. There’s a choice, you can run away and completely
shatter the circumstance, or you can stay and kill the joke of your opponent. This choice makes all the difference!
To appreciate something
or someone, one does not need vocabulary, not even a language. But to insult,
one requires a command over vocabulary, over local lingos, and infinite amount
of creative curses which generates curiosity about its recipient, such should
be its magnificence and glory. There are no rules to a good insult, It rovers
in the spaces of unfathomable universe until it finds someone or something worth
it. In the constant battle of mankind
between good and bad, existentialism and nihilism, a good insult is the answer,
the purpose to be wronged and defeated, and a motivation.
They
say, jokes are made in heaven, among the stars. The ardent sun then wakes us to
pick the dewdrops of insults and spread them, the vulgarity which then passes
from generation to generation, to one life-form into another. It however also
reminds us of its mysteries, the perennial law: the duality of emotions
everything emits. Like a good loud ‘fart’, being one man’s misery another’s
relief. One man tragedy, another’s comedy!
No comments:
Post a Comment